Great skin care starts with great skin analysis!
Skin Care Analysis by VISIA®
VISIA™ Computerized Skin Analysis uses multi-spectral imaging to reveal damage on and beneath the surface of our skin that is not detectable by visual examination alone. VISIA imaging allows our expert skin care specialists to evaluate your skins’ health and appearance based on six criteria that affect your complexion.
Spots: Spots are typically brown or read skin lesions including freckles, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation and vascular lesions. Spots are distinguishable by their distinct color and contrast from the background skin tone. Spots vary in size and generally have a circular shape.
- Pores: Pores are the circular surface openings of sweat gland ducts. Due to shadowing, pores appear darker than the surrounding skin tone and are identified by their darker color and circular shape. The Visia system distinguishes pores from spots based on size the area of a pore is much smaller than a spot.
- Wrinkles: Wrinkles are furrows, folds or creases in the skin which increase in occurrence as a result of sun exposure. Wrinkles are associated with decreasing skin elasticity and are identified by their characteristic long, narrow shape. Winkles have variability depending on facial expression.
- Texture: Texture is primarily an analysis of skin smoothness. Texture measures smoothness by identifying gradations in color from the surrounding skin tone, and well as peaks (shown in yellow) and valleys (shown in blue) on the skin surface that indicate variation in the surface texture.
- Porphyrins: Porphyrins are bacterial excretions that can become lodged in pores and lead to acne. Porphyrins fluoresce in UV light and exhibit circular whit spot characteristics.
- UV Spots: UV spots occur when melanin coagulates below the skin surface as a result of sun damage. UV spots are generally invisible under normal lighting conditions. The selective absorption of the UV light by the epidermal melanin enhances its display and detection by Visia.
Call for your The Museum Spa & Laser Center at 919.785.9696 for your Complimentary Consultation.